The Cessna Citation Sovereign is an American mid-size business jet developed by Cessna, between the smaller Citation Excel/XLS and the heavier Citation X and is the basis of the roomier Citation Latitude.
The Citation Sovereign is Cessna’s version of what a business jet should be: comfortable, high-performing and economical. The strongest feature of the Sovereign is its range; it has coast-to-coast capabilities, like large jets, but still retains the features that make Mid-size private jets so advantageous. It can take off in under 4,000 feet, a feat still unmatched by other mid-sized jets and can cruise at around .75 Mach (458 knots).
The Sovereign’s cabin is 25.3 feet long and can hold anywhere between eight and nine or more with most seats able to swivel 180 degrees. The interior is large enough that passengers can enjoy the 5.7 foot-high cabin. The baggage space available in the Sovereign is the largest of comparable private jets. The Sovereign has 135 cubic feet of total baggage space (100 cubic feet external; 35 internal); whereas the competing Hawker 800XP has only 48 and the Lear 60XR has only 54.
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: 12 passengers / 2,689 lb (1,220 kg) payload
- Length: 63 ft 6.0 in (19.354 m)
- Wingspan: 72 ft 4 in (22.04 m)
- Height: 20 ft 4 in (6.2 m)
- Wing area: 543 sq ft (50.4 m2)
- Empty weight: 18,100 lb (8,210 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 30,300 lb (13,744 kg)
- Power plant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW306D turbofan engines, 5,770 lbf (25.7 kN) thrust each at sea level up to 87 °F (31 °C)
- Maximum continuous thrust: 5,770 lbf (26 kN) up to 80 °F (27 °C)
- Avionics: Honeywell Primus Epic FMZ2000FMS
- Useful Load: 12,790 lb
- Maximum Range: 2,800 nm / 5,000 km
- Maximum Cruise Speed: 460 ktas / 852 kph
- Takeoff Field Length: 3,530 ft / 1,076 m