The Embraer EMB-500 Phenom 100
The Embraer Phenom 100 (EMB-500) is a very light jet developed by the Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer. The Phenom 100 is the best in class for VLJs (Very Light Jets). It has the most baggage space in its class. Its oval-lite design with large windows (along with a BMW DesignworksUSA designed interior) makes this jet seem feel amazingly large. Very fast with lots of range, there is nothing this jet can’t handle. It is truly next generation technology in today’s world. It is comfort and style combined with performance that puts this jet at the top of its class.
The Phenom 100 has an oval fuselage with a 7.985 m³ (282 ft³) passenger cabin, a 1.47 m-high by 0.74 m-wide (4.5'x2.1') door and 1.2'x1' windows. Its unpressurized cargo hold is 1.56 m³ (54.9ft³). Its structural life is 28,000 flight cycles or 35,000 hours and it is built of 20% composite materials.
It has capacity for 4 passengers in its normal configuration, but it can carry up to 7 passengers with a single crew, with an optional side-facing seat and belted toilet. The aircraft is fitted with two rear-mounted Pratt & Whitney Canada PW617-F turbofan engines rated at a takeoff thrust of 7.2 kN (1,695 lb) to ISA+10 °C. The engines have dual full authority digital engine control (FADEC). An automatic performance reserve (APR) feature boosts engine output to 1,777 lb in the event of engine failure on takeoff. Later model PW 617 F-E models have a ten-minute thrust rating at 1,820 lb.
It has a maximum flying range of 1,178 nmi (2,182 km) with four occupants.
- Crew: 1 pilot
- Capacity: 4 or 5 normally, but can seat up to 7 passengers
- Payload: Maximum of 755 kg (1,664 lb)
- Full fuel: 253 kg (557 lb)
- Length: 12.82 m (42 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 12.3 m (40 ft 4 in)
- Height: 4.35 m (14 ft 3 in)
- Interior Cabin Height: 4’ 11”
- Interior Cabin Length: 11’ 0″
- Interior Cabin Width: 5’ 1”
- Total Baggage Space: 70 cu ft.
- Bathroom: Partially enclosed with curtain
- Empty weight: 3275 kg (7221 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 10,582 lb (4,800 kg)
- Cabin height: 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
- Cabin length: 3.35 m
- Max landing weight: 9,877 lb (4,480 kg)
- Max zero fuel weight: 8,885 lb (4,030 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 2,804 lb (1,272 kg)
- Power plant: 2 Pratt & Whitney Canada PW617F1-E turbofans, 7.70 kN (1,730 lbf ISA + 8º C flat rated) each
- Maximum speed: M 0.70
- Cruise speed: 750 km/h (405 kn)
- Minimum controllable speed: 97 kn IAS
- V2min: around 108 ktas, depending on circumstances
- Range: 2,182 km (LRC, four 200 lb occupants, NBAA IFR reserves with 100 nmi alternate) (1,178 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 12,497 m (41,000 ft)
- Hourly fuel burn (600 nmi trip, 4 200 lb (91 kg) occupants, NBAA IFR Reserves, SL Takeoff, ISA) - 1st hour - 109 US Gal (414 l), 2nd hour - 77 US Gal (292 l)
- Take-off distance: 3,199 ft / 975 m (MTOW, SL, ISA)
- Landing distance: 2,430 ft / 741 m (SL, ISA, four 200 lb occupants, NBAA IFR reserves with 100 nm alternate)
- Avionics - Embraer "Prodigy Touch" Flight Deck (based on the Garmin G3000)