The capital of Virginia, Richmond is a beautiful historic city where travelers find an array of great museums, gardens, attractions and restaurants. Best things to do in Richmond, VA with kids include the Science Museum of Virginia, the Virginia Aviation Museum and Richmond National Battlefield Park.
Connect with the powerful legacy of the Historic Richmond region. Few places blend 400 years of rich history and southern charm with trendy restaurants, upscale shopping and world-class art and attractions. Create a vacation, weekend getaway, meeting, sports or business trip you'll never forget. Whether you take part in an organized tour, or plan to develop your own itinerary, we make it easy to map out and make the most of your trip.
The landmark boulevard of Monument Avenue is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is home to magnificent monuments and statues that have remained unaltered throughout history, including a statue of Robert E. Lee that was unveiled in 1890. It also features an array of beautiful examples of architecture in dignified townhouses and apartment buildings that reflect the works of famous architects such as John Russell Pope, Duncan Lee and Baskerville & Lambert.
Visit the Virginia Center for Architecture to explore the fascinating heritage behind the architecture and take a stroll along the Boulevard during one of several annual events that take place during the year, such as the Easter Parade and Monument Avenue 10km running race.
Located in Richmond, the Virginia State Capitol is the seat of the state government of Virginia and home to the General Assembly, the oldest continuously operating legislature in the Western Hemisphere. Designed by Thomas Jefferson, the Capitol was constructed in the Monumental Classical style, which paved the way for the design of countless government buildings after that. It was completed in 1788 and has since been designated as a National Historic Landmark.
There are several exhibitions and displays at the Capitol, as well as a 20-minute visually interactive film about the Virginia’s central role in American history called Keepers of the Flame. Visitors can enjoy guided tours through the buildings of the Capitol.
The American Southeast Destinations
- Flights To Asheville, North Carolina
- Flights To Atlanta, Georgia
- Flights To Baltimore, Maryland
- Flights To Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Flights To Boca Raton, Florida
- Flights To Brunswick, Georgia
- Flights To Charleston, South Carolina
- Flights To Charlotte, North Carolina
- Flights To Columbia, South Carolina
- Flights To Durham, North Carolina
- Flights To Fernindina Beach, Florida
- Flights To Fisher Island, Florida
- Flights To Fort Myers, Florida
- Flights To Greenville, South Carolina
- Flights To Gulf Stream, Florida
- Flights To Jackson, Mississippi
- Flights To Key West, Florida
- Flights To Lakeland, Florida
- Flights To Manalapan, Florida
- Flights To Miami, Florida
- Flights To Montgomery, Alabama
- Flights To Naples, Florida
- Flights To Nashville, Tennessee
- Flights To New Orleans, Louisiana
- Flights To Opa Locka, Florida
- Flights To Orlando, Florida
- Flights To Palm Beach Island, Florida
- Flights To Raleigh-Durham, Norh Carolina
- Flights To Richmond, Virginia
- Flights To Savannah, Georgia
- Flights To Tallahassee, Florida
- Flights To Tampa, Florida
- Flights To Vero Beach, Florida
- Flights To West Palm Beach, Florida