A revamped Main Street, charming new boutique hotel, a thriving arts scene and fine dining all come together in our capital city.
Concord, the vibrant capital of New Hampshire, thrives on year-round tourism. Main Street has over 175 retail spaces selling everything from candy to antiques seasoned with a nice collection of restaurants.
A love for live entertainment brings Broadway shows, the Ballet and international programs to the Capitol Center for the Arts. Their shows have been known to draw crowds from the entire state.
There are a number of interesting things to see and do. Visiting the museums in town such as the Museum of New Hampshire History, the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium and the State House are a good way to get acquainted with the area. Bordering the Merrimack River, The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests has nature trails in addition to fascinating exhibit of science and energy. And there are about 50 historic sites that can be viewed on a walking tour of the town.
Fishing in the Merrimack River reels in the American shad, black crappie, trout, carp and largemouth bass, among others. And kayaking down the Contoocook River quenches the thirst for adventure.
Bear Brook State Park (Allenstown), largest state park in New Hampshire, is about 45 minutes from Concord. It offers a plethora of activities from swimming and boating, to archery, softball and snowmobiling. Cross-country skiing and camping are also available.
NASCAR fans travel from miles around to see the races at the New Hampshire International Speedway, 10 miles from Concord. The huge grandstand can seat 91,000 fans. The televised events are watched by 10 million people in more than 90 countries. Viewing the races onsite and hearing the engines growl at the competition as they zip by can ignite a flame in even the most passive onlookers.
When the day is done, the town takes on a different face as the darkened skies contrast with the warm glow of street lamps and house lights. On crisp nights, fireplaces crackle a lullaby with a soft and romantic tune, sparking a reverie of the day's events. A quiet ending to a vivacious day.
Concord is located 18 miles north of Manchester.
The American Northeast Destinations
- Flights To Albany, New York
- Flights To Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Flights To Alpine, New Jersey
- Flights To Amagansett, New York
- Flights To Annapolis, Maryland
- Flights To Augusta, Maine
- Flights To Bangor, Maine
- Flights To Boston, Massachusetts
- Flights To Bridgehampton, New York
- Flights To Chappaqua, New York
- Flights To Concord, New Hampshire
- Flights To Dover, Delaware
- Flights To Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Flights To Harrison, New York
- Flights To Hartford, Connecticut
- Flights To Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Flights To Kennebunkport, Maine
- Flights To Montauk, New York
- Flights To Montpelier, Vermont
- Flights To Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Flights To Providence, Rhode Island
- Flights To Riverside, Connecticut
- Flights To Rome, New York
- Flights To Sagaponack, New York
- Flights To Sanford, Maine
- Flights To Southampton, New York
- Flights To Syracuse, New York
- Flights To Trenton, New Jersey
- Flights To Wainscott, New York
- Flights To Washington D.C.
- Flights To Watermill, New York