San Antonio, Texas is a vibrant metropolis rich in culture and a source of immense pride for Texans. Best things to do in San Antonio, TX include the romantic River Walk, the San Antonio Museum of Art, the Alamo and the beautiful Main Plaza. Be sure to leave plenty of time for sampling San Antonio's great burgers, breakfast, Italian and other food.
Be adventurous. And, visit San Antonio. A city rich in history, bursting with culture and booming with modern attractions, San Antonio invites visitors to discover what’s old and explore what’s new. From our spectacular parks and green spaces, to festive seasonal events, to local shopping, dining and drinking.
The San Antonio River Walk is a made up of a network of cypress-lined paved paths, quaint stone bridges and lush landscapes that gently wind through the city, offering both locals and visitors a chance to take in the beautiful natural scenery and soak up the city views. The pathway runs along the San Antonio River, which symbolizes the heart and soul of the city and gives access to several of San Antonio's top attractions, restaurants, hotels and other forms of entertainment. The River Walk features a section called The Museum Reach, which is a 1.33-mile extension that hosts a range of visual and audiovisual works of art, terraces landscapes with native plants and pedestrian access to the San Antonio Museum of Art and the historic Pearl Brewery complex. Visitors can explore the San Antonio River Walk by foot or bicycle, using the city’s bike-share program known as B-Cycle.
The Main Plaza is the central and historic heart of San Antonio, established to provide the community with a place to gather and enjoy a variety of entertainment. Dating back to the 1700s, this innovative public space features well-maintained landscaping, huge trees and shady sidewalks, water features and tables for lunch.
The Plaza is home to the world-renowned San Fernando Cathedral, the oldest cathedral in the country and one which tourists flock to see every year.
The Main Plaza also plays host to a variety of community and public events throughout the year, such as bustling farmers’ markets, art installations, live music concerts and the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
The American Midwest Destinations
- Flights To Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Flights To Austin, Texas
- Flights To Charleston, West Virginia
- Flights To Chicago, Illinois
- Flights To Columbus, Ohio
- Flights To Dallas / Fort-Worth, Texas
- Flights To Des Moines, Iowa
- Flights To Franfort, Kentucky
- Flights To Houston, Texas
- Flights To Indianapolis, Indiana
- Flights To Jefferson City, Missouri
- Flights To Kansas City, Missouri
- Flights To Lansing, Michigan
- Flights To Lincoln, Nebraska
- Flights To Little Rock, Arkansas
- Flights To Madison, Wisconsin
- Flights To Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Flights To Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Flights To Omaha, Nebraska
- Flights To Pierre, South Dakota
- Flights To Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Flights To San Antonio, Texas
- Flights To South Bend, Indiana
- Flights To Springfield, Illinois
- Flights To Topeka, Kansas
- Flights To Traverse, Michigan