Penang is one of the most famous spots in Malaysia and with good reason. Most of the state of Penang is located on an island and as such you can enjoy beaches, sparkling waters and a laid back island feel coupled with a big city experience. This part of Malaysia is also known for its food and anyone who loves to eat will truly find a culinary paradise here, much of which is down to the mix of influences in the city.
Penang enjoys a large Chinese and Tamil community, along with the indigenous Malay residents and you will find a fantastic and diverse food scene that includes fiery curries, toothsome noodles and a plethora of street food delights. All of this is encircled by gorgeous architecture and the traditional center of Penang is actually a UNESCO World Heritage Site in its own right.
This means that you can explore pretty ancient buildings as well as museums, forts, gardens and temples and visitors to Penang will certainly not be short of places to visit and sights to check out on a trip here.
Penang International Airport, within the city of George Town, is one of the busiest airports in Malaysia. The airport is located near Bayan Lepas at the southeastern tip of Penang Island, 16 km south of the city center.
South Pacific Destinations
- Flights To Bora-Bora, French Polynesia
- Flights To Borneo, Malaysia
- Flights To Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Flights To Denpasar, Bali
- Flights To Ella, Sri Lanka
- Flights To Fiji, South Pacific
- Flights To Jakarta, Indonesia
- Flights To Johor, Bahru, Malaysia
- Flights To Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Flights To Marina Sands Singapore
- Flights To Penang Island, Malaysia
- Flights To Soekarno-Hatta, Java