Welcome to everyone’s favourite hill-country village and the place to ease off the travel accelerator with a few leisurely days resting in your choice of some of the country’s best guesthouses. The views through Ella Gap are stunning and on a clear night you can even spy the subtle glow of the Great Basses lighthouse on Sri Lanka’s south coast. Don’t be too laid-back though; definitely make time for easygoing walks through tea plantations to temples, waterfalls and viewpoints. After building up a hiking-inspired appetite, look forward to Sri Lanka’s best home-cooked food and a reviving cuppa.
Ella: Ella in Sri Lanka is a small laid-back town surrounded by the beautiful greens of tea. There are a lot of things to do in Ella. Take one of the most beautiful train rides from Nuwara Eliya to Ella and fall in love with the surroundings. You will probably end up staying longer than you actually planned to. Ella has a comfortable climate where the nights are cool and the daytime around 28 degrees.
Must see: Little Adam’s peak is the nephew of Adam’s Peak. From the top enjoy the view over the valley, relax and connect with other travelers. From Ella Town to the foot of mountain takes 45 minutes and to get to the top around 15 minutes. The first 45 minutes are very pleasing as well when you pass a local village and tea plantations.
Bandaranaike International Airport: Bandaranaike International Airport (airport code CMB) at Katunayake, is the main International Airport in Sri Lanaka located 30 kilometers north of the island nation's capital of Colombo.
South Pacific Destinations
- Flights To Bora-Bora, French Polynesia
- Flights To Borneo, Malaysia
- Flights To Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Flights To Denpasar, Bali
- Flights To Ella, Sri Lanka
- Flights To Fiji, South Pacific
- Flights To Jakarta, Indonesia
- Flights To Johor, Bahru, Malaysia
- Flights To Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Flights To Marina Sands Singapore
- Flights To Penang Island, Malaysia
- Flights To Soekarno-Hatta, Java
- Private Charter Jet Flights
- Business Flights To the South Pacific