Bora Bora is a small South Pacific island northwest of Tahiti in French Polynesia. Surrounded by sand-fringed motus (islets) and a turquoise lagoon protected by a coral reef, it’s known for its scuba diving. It's also a popular luxury resort destination where some guest bungalows are perched over the water on stilts. At the island's center rises Mt. Otemanu, a 727m dormant volcano. The small island of Bora Bora (just about 6 miles long and a little more than 2 miles wide) overflows with beauty. A dormant volcano rises up at its center and fans out into lush jungle before spilling into an aquamarine lagoon. In fact, author James Michener, who wrote "Tales of the South Pacific," called Bora Bora "the most beautiful island in the world." The 18th-century British explorer James Cook even coined it as the "Pearl of the Pacific." The very definition of a tropical getaway, blissful Bora Bora abounds with luxurious resorts, sunny skies, warm waters and friendly locals.
Turquoise lagoons, soft white sands and deep tangerine sunsets set the scene for romance on the island so nice they named it twice. Mingle with tropical fish as you flutter around Coral Gardens or Tupitipiti Point, or relax in a self-driving tour as you take in beautiful views of the once-volcanic Mount Otemanu. At the Lagoonarium you can watch shark feedings and swim with turtles. Cap it all off with a succulent meal at one of the island’s fine French restaurants, then sip a tropical cocktail under the stars.
South Pacific Destinations
- Flights To Bora-Bora, French Polynesia
- Flights To Borneo, Malaysia
- Flights To Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Flights To Denpasar, Bali
- Flights To Ella, Sri Lanka
- Flights To Fiji, South Pacific
- Flights To Jakarta, Indonesia
- Flights To Johor, Bahru, Malaysia
- Flights To Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Flights To Marina Sands Singapore
- Flights To Penang Island, Malaysia
- Flights To Soekarno-Hatta, Java