Executive Fliteways: Where Excellence Is In The Air...
The bustling city of Rio de Janeiro has been one of Brazil’s most popular and frequented tourist destinations for decades. Its vibrant city centre is bursting with culture and pulsating with a deep sense of history and heritage. Rio, as it is commonly known, is the second largest city in Brazil and the third largest metropolis in the whole of South America.
It is the most visited city in the Southern Hemisphere, which is no mean feat. This makes for an impressive, memorable attraction for visitors from all over the world. During your time in Rio, you are urged to see the following fabulous attractions:
• The incredible surfing waves off Prainha. Whether you conquer them yourself or just watch the water-bound athletes skimming effortlessly over and under them, these waves are impressive.
• Tijuca’s lush, dense rain forests, which boast a number of hiking trails for those wanting to experience the fauna and flora first hand.
• Laze on the shores of Ipanema Beach or one of the many other beaches for which this city is renowned.
• Marvel at the sheer scale of the statue of Christ the Redeemer as it overlooks the city far below.
• Take the cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain for spectacular views.
• Stroll down the famous Avenue Nossa Senhora de Copacabana.
• Take an official walking tour of Rio, learning fascinating facts about its historical and modern-day heritage.
• Wander amongst the more than 5 000 species of plants and trees at the Jardim Botânico (Botanical Garden). The palm species alone exceed 900.
• Sports enthusiasts simply must experience the Maracanã stadium, which seats 100 000 spectators and has been the venue of many a heart-stopping match between international football greats.
Rio de Janeiro–Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport, popularly known by its original name Galeão International Airport, is the main airport serving Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is the country's second-busiest international airport. Address: Av. Vinte de Janeiro, s/nº - Ilha do Governador, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 21941-900, Brazil. Code: GIG. Elevation: 30'. Serves: Rio de Janeiro.
Rio de Janeiro is a huge seaside city in Brazil, famed for its Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, 38m Christ the Redeemer statue atop Mount Corcovado and for Sugarloaf Mountain, a granite peak with cable cars to its summit. The city is also known for its sprawling favelas (shanty towns). Its raucous Carnaval festival, featuring parade floats, flamboyant costumes and samba dancers, is considered the world’s largest.