Bogotá is the capital and largest city in Colombia. A melting pot of people from around the country, it is diverse and multicultural, with a blend of modern and colonial architecture. The predominant colors in Bogotá are the green of the city’s many parks and the eastern mountains overlooking the sanctuaries of Monserrate and Guadalupe and the rich red of its many brick buildings.
The contrasts between Bogotá's colonial past and the XXI century is appreciated by walking a few blocks from La Candelaria, in the historic centre - where Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada founded the city on August 6, 1538 - and the International Centre towers, where banks and other companies have their offices. So you can "time travel" between stone streets and buildings with helipads.
In Bogotá, the seat of Colombia’s government, visitors can visit the Gold Museum, which houses an important collection of pre-Hispanic objects. Visitors to the capital also experience the city’s juxtaposition of history and modernity and the local and the cosmopolitan; it is a great destination for high-end shopping as well as shopping for fresh fruit in Paloquemao Square.
South America Destinations
- Flights To The Amazon In Peru
- Flights To Bogota, Colombia
- Flights To Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Flights To La Paz, Bolivia
- Flights To Lima, Peru
- Flights To Machu-Picchu, Peru
- Flights To Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Flights To Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia
- Flights To Angel Falls, Venezuela
- Flights To Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
- Flights To Iguazu Falls, Argentina