Paris’s heritage is truly exceptional, combining both historical and modern treasures. With an incomparable heritage of historic sites, iconic monuments and attractions, Paris is a dream destination for visitors in search of places to discover. Classic, innovative and offbeat, the capital offers a unique cultural journey through 2,185 monuments, 206 museums and many other exceptional places. Paris is the capital and most populous city of France, with an area of and a population of 2,206,488. Since the 17th century, Paris has been one of Europe's major centres of finance, commerce, fashion, science, music and painting.
The top things to do on a first-time visit: enjoy a panoramic view of the city from a 324-meter height at the top of the Eiffel Tower, admire Victor Hugo’s beloved gargoyles at Notre Dame Cathedral and stand at the top of the tallest hill in Paris at the Sacré Cœur Basilica. These are the three monuments most popular with visitors to Paris. Not far from Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle with its beautiful stained glass windows is also well worth visiting.
A short distance from the Champs-Elysées, the Grand Palais, a huge stone, steel and glass structure, hosts prestigious exhibitions. Built by Napoleon, the Arc de Triomphe offers a breathtaking bird’s-eye view of the city.
In the heart of Paris, the Louvre is a former royal residence which was transformed into a museum after the Revolution and has since become the world’s most visited museum. The Musée d’Orsay houses the largest collection of Impressionist and post-Impressionist paintings in the world.
Another must-see is the Palais Garnier with its ornately decorated façade and its ceiling painted by Marc Chagall. Finally, a trip out to the Père Lachaise cemetery offers the opportunity to pay homage at the tombs of many famous people.
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (French: Aéroport de Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle, IATA: CDG, ICAO: LFPG), also known as Roissy Airport (name of the local district), is the largest international airport in France and the second largest in Europe.
- Flights To The Algarve, Portugal
- Flights To Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Flights To Athens, Greece
- Flights To Barcelona, Spain
- Flights To Berlin, Germany
- Flights To Brussels, Belgium
- Flights To Budapest, Hungary
- Flights To Cadiz, Spain
- Flights To Copenhagen, Denmark
- Flights To Costa Smeralda, Italy
- Flights To Dublin, Ireland
- Flights To Dusseldorf, Germany
- Flights To Florence, Italy
- Flights To Frankfurt, Germany
- Flights To Heraklion, Crete
- Flights To Ibiza, Spain
- Flights To Kerry, Ireland
- Flights To Krakow, Poland
- Flights To Lake Como, Italy
- Flights To Lisbon, Portugal
- Flights To London, England
- Flights To Madrid, Spain
- Flights To Milan, Italy
- Flights To Moscow, Russia
- Flights To Munich, Germany
- Flights To Nice, France
- Flights To Paris, France
- Flights To Prague, Czech Republic
- Flights To Rhodes, Greece
- Flights To St. Petersburg, Russia
- Flights To Stockholm, Sweden
- Flights To Venice, Italy
- Flights To Vienna, Austria
- Flights To Vis, Croatia
- Flights To Warsaw, Poland