Powdery white-sand beaches, lush green mountains and sheltered, yacht-filled harbors characterize the island of Tortola, the BVI’s largest and capital island. The past of the West Indies and the present-day BVI mix and mingle with ruins existing alongside the luxury resorts that draw visitors from around the world.
Swim or stroll the secluded palm-shaded white sands of dozens of beaches, including Apple Bay, Brewer’s Bay, Smuggler’s Cove, Long Bay Beach, Elizabeth Beach and Josiah’s Bay Beach to name just a few.
If watersports or fishing are more your style, don’t miss the protected anchorages at Brandywine Bay, Soper’s Hole and Trellis Bay and surfing Cane Garden Bay or game fishing the North and South Drops.
Warm, friendly and hospitable, Tortola has a wide variety of places to stay, ranging from luxury resorts and private villas to a scenic campground.
Step away from the sand just long enough to discover Tortola's history with a visit to the 1780 Lower Estate Sugar Works Museum, Fort Burt, Mount Healthy Windmill, Callwood's Rum Distillery, J.R. O'Neal Botanic Gardens, Old Government House Museum and VI Folk Museum.
- Flights To Anguilla Island
- Flights To Antigua Island
- Flights To Cap Juluca, Anguilla
- Flights To Dominica Island
- Flights To Grand Cayman Island
- Flights To Havana, Cuba
- Flights To Necker Island, BVI
- Flights To Negril, Jamaica
- Flights To Nevis Island
- Flights To San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Flights To St. Barts, Caribbean
- Flights To St. Lucia, Carribean
- Flights To St. Maarten, Carribean
- Flights To Tortola, BVI
- Flights To Varedaro, Cuba
- Flights To Virgin Gorda, BVI