As North America’s northernmost large metropolis, Edmonton is a fascinating study in contrasts — a vibrant urban center in the heart of the wilderness. It’s a city that’s never been afraid to do things a little differently, as visitors discover through close encounters with free-roaming bison, a shopping mall that spans more than 48 city blocks and a dynamic arts and culture scene that embraces more than 40 annual festivals, including the continent’s biggest and wildest Fringe Theatre Festival. The Edmonton Folk Music Festival is recognized as one of the best in the world.
Edmonton is a young city that loves any excuse to go out on the town, even in a snowstorm. And there's prime shopping, too. West Edmonton Mall is literally the size of a city and the Old Strathcona farmers market is famous for a reason. Edmonton embraces winter. There are iced pathways to skate around and castles made of icicles. Join some locals in skijoring. That’s when people train their pet dogs to pull them around on skis. It's the next best thing to dog-sledding.
Edmonton is the capital city of the Canadian province of Alberta. Edmonton is on the North Saskatchewan River and is the centre of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, which is surrounded by Alberta's central region. The city anchors the north end of what Statistics Canada defines as the "Calgary–Edmonton Corridor".
- Flights To Banff, Alberta
- Flights To Calgary, Alberta
- Flights To Edmonton, Alberta
- Flights To Fogo Island, Newfoundland
- Flights To Montreal, Quebec
- Flights To Newfoundland And Labrador
- Flights To Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Flights To Ottawa, Ontario
- Flights To St. John's, Newfoundland
- Flights To Toronto, Ontario
- Flights To Vancouver, British Columbia
- Flights To Whistler, British Columbia