The Spitzkoppe is a group of bald granite peaks or inselbergs located between Usakos and Swakopmund in the Namib desert of Namibia. The granite is more than 120 million years old and the highest outcrop rises about 1,728 meters above sea level. The peaks stand out dramatically from the flat surrounding plains. You can also see the Milky Way galaxy most nights from this amazing vantage point.
The Spitzkoppe is one of the most photographed mountain motifs of Namibia. This inselberg surmounts its surrounding by 700 meters with an overall height of 1728m above sea level. Due to its distinctive form, which can be spotted from a great distance the Spitzkoppe is often called the "Matterhorn" of Namibia.
The airport code WDH Is closest for Spitzkoppe, Namibia.
- Flights To Cairo, Egypt
- Flights To Cape Town, South Africa
- Flights To Etosha, Namibia
- Flights To Grumeti, Tanzania
- Flights To Johannesburg, South Africa
- Flights To Kruger Park, South Africa
- Flights To Marrakech, Morocco
- Flights To Massai, Kenya
- Flights To The Seychelles
- Flights To Spitzkoppe, Namibia
- Flights To Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe